Forum

What is color blindness? Treatment of color blindness and prevention of color blindness

Color blindness, also known as chromosomal disorder, is the inability of the eye to distinguish between colors such as red, green, blue, or when mixed between these colors.
People with color blindness can still see objects clearly, but their ability to perceive colors is reduced, rarely in cases of not being able to see any colors. The disease does not affect the survival or reproduction of the infected person, but the disease gene can be passed on to the next generation. It is estimated that the genetic prevalence that affects men is higher than that of women, with an estimated 8% of men and less than 1% of women having color vision problems.
Color analysis is mainly performed by cones, which are concentrated in the central fossa of the retina. When these cones lose the ability to distinguish colors, it causes color blindness or color blindness.
Color blindness treatment
Genetic color blind test cannot be cured, a patient with color blindness caused by medication or complications from another disease can be treated.
Besides treatment, today scientists have invented color filters to aid color discrimination for people with color blindness. Although this type of glasses cannot cure the disease completely, it helps patients to distinguish colors and reduces glare, making color discrimination easier.
Wearing colored contact lenses can also help with color discrimination, but colors are unnatural and can distort what you see.
In addition, it is possible to overcome color blindness by remembering the conventional position of the color as for traffic lights, which can be of some help to people with color blindness when participating in traffic on the road.
Prevention of color blindness
Currently, there is no cure for hereditary color blindness, but prenatal diagnosis can confirm the disease.
Treatment of medical diseases that can lead to color blindness such as diabetes, heart disease, glaucoma, etc.
Check your health, chromosome set before getting married to see if anyone has it, to avoid future children getting the disease.
When in contact with chemicals, eye protection must be worn.
Avoid eye and head injuries, easy to damage vision.
Do not self-medicate without a doctor's prescription.
Consult an ophthalmologist in case of abnormal vision problems.

Reply to this topic Share on my timeline

39 Replies

Mason William·

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. Zonnepanelen Haacht

Mason William·

I have been searching to find a comfort or effective procedure to complete this process and I think this is the most suitable way to do it effectively. Zonnepanelen Geel

Mason William·

it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped Zonnepanelen Halle

Mason William·

Always so interesting to visit your site.What a great info, thank you for sharing. this will help me so much in my learning Zonnepanelen Dessel

Mason William·

The web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it should be, thanks for sharing this with us. Zonnepanelen Herent

Mason William·

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information... Zonnepanelen Herne

Mason William·

I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.. Zonnepanelen Hoegaarden

Mason William·

This was incredibly an exquisite implementation of your ideas Zonnepanelen Hoeilaart

Mason William·

This is also a very good post which I really enjoy reading. It is not everyday that I have the possibility to see something like this. Zonnepanelen Holsbeek

Mason William·

I have express a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorite’s blog site list and will be checking back soon… Zonnepanelen Huldenberg